HCT Discharge Class for Caregivers
The class is taught by a Clinical Social Worker and a Registered Nurse. Both are experts in oncology and have taught hundreds of caregivers. They developed the class with a wonderful team that included hematology physicians, dietitians, occupational therapists, and a health educator.
The clinical social worker will discuss:
- Self-care practices
- Changes in relationships
- Intimacy and sexual activity
- Communication with the medical team
- Caregiver resources
- How to prepare your home
- Pet safety
- Staying social
- Food safety
- Infection precautions
- Medication management
- Daily health assessment
- Graft versus host disease
To get a hard copy, you can go to the Biller Patient and Family Resource Center or call the Clinical Social Work office at 626-218-2282 and ask the patient’s primary social worker to mail you a copy.
How to Attend the Class
- The English class is offered two times a month, virtually:
- First and third Wednesday of the month from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Spanish class is held once a month, virtually:
- Third Tuesday of the month from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
You will receive a confirmation after you register. If you have additional questions, please email at HCTDischargeClass@coh.org.
HCT Class Handouts
- A caregiver's guide booklet | SPANISH
- Apps to help you fall asleep
- Caregiver companion toolkit flyer | SPANISH
- Caregivers mini assessment checklist | SPANISH
- Caregivers shopping List | SPANISH
- Clinical Social Work flyer | SPANISH
- Coping With and Managing Stress | SPANISH
- COVID-19 caregiver guidelines
- Medication management apps
- Meditation apps flyer
- Parent caregiver flyer
- Sleep bookmark | SPANISH
- Support groups for family caregivers
- Transportation resources flyer
- Virtual caregivers connect flyer