Positive Image Center: A Beautiful Way to Feel
At City of Hope, we believe in treating the whole person for optimum healing. The Positive Image Center, located in the Southeast Ambulatory building on our Duarte Campus, is a welcoming and supportive environment where our oncology-trained, licensed cosmetologists can minimize the visible side effects of cancer for men and women.
We provide the following services and support:
- Complimentary haircuts and head shaves
- Custom wig fittings and cuts
- Pre- and post-mastectomy fittings
- Product consultation and retail
- Demonstration of eyebrow application
- Head wrap and scarf tying techniques
Our specialty boutique offers a dedicated space to shop for products that are right for you, including:
- Wig accessories-shampoo, conditioner, combs, wig stands and liners
- Hats for men, women and children
- Sleep caps, beanies, turbans and bandanas
- Post-op mastectomy bras and camisoles
- Breast prostheses
- Lymphedema sleeves
- Miaderm cream for radiation burns
- Non-toxic nail polish and polish remover
- Eyebrow make-up kits
- Vaginal dilators
- Astroglide and pomegranate oil vaginal moisturizers
- Aluminum-free deodorant
Leukemia Survivor Caitlin Herron: How Supportive Care Helped Me
City of Hope leukemia survivor, Caitlin Herron, talks about the support she and her family received from City of Hope’s Department of Supportive Care Medicine while she was in treatment.
Watch Skin, Hair, Nails and Sun Safety Series videos to learn about the changes that may happen during and after cancer treatment.
Watch Thriving After Cancer Series videos to learn about the products and services available at the Positive Image Center to help with concerns of intimacy, loss of sexual desire and sexual health.