Jeanelle Folbrecht, Ph.D.
It is my personal mission to use my clinical skills and experience to reduce the suffering of oncology patients and support physicians in their work toward a cure.
1995-1996, Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Fellowship. Neuropsychological consultation to Rehabilitation Medicine team, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
1995, Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology. Concentration in Assessment, Neuropsychology, Statistics and Social Psychology, Fuller Graduate School of Psychology, Pasadena, CA
1988, Bachelor of Arts in Clinical and Experimental Psychology, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA
2021-present, Clinical Professor and Chief, Division of Psychology, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2013-2021, Associate Clinical Professor, Clinical Psychologist and Chief, Division of Psychology, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2010-2013, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2009-2010, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychology, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
2005-2009, Christian Associates International, Den Hague, Netherlands
1996-2005, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
1992-1994, Consultant to UniMult, Pasadena, CA
2015, National Comprehensive Cancer Network Panel for Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology
1994, Lee Travis Award for excellence in a research paper
2011, Society for Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology
2010, American Psychological Association
2010, International Psycho-Oncology Society
2010, American Psycho-Oncology Society
- Folbrecht JR, Mayorga L, Fulginiti K, Trujillo M, Joshi R, Namm J, Kelly N. (2021) Reduction of Distress and Attrition in a 6 Week Psycho-Educational Group: A Pilot Study. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1089/jayao.2021.0030.
- Patel SK, Kim SH, Johansen C, Mullins W, Nolty A, Fernandez N, Delgado N, Folbrecht J, Dekel N, Meier A. (2021) Threshold score for the self-report Pediatric Distress Thermometer Rating Scale in childhood cancer patients. Psychooncology,31(3), 340-348.
- Wheat Dawson E, Clark K, Obenchain R, Loscalzo M, Folbrecht JR. (2018) Biopsychosocial Distress: Gender Differences in Young Adults. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology, 7(3), 367-373.
- Coccia PF, Pappo AS, Beaupin L, Borges VF, Borinstein SC, Chugh R, Dinner S, Folbrecht J, Frazier AL, Goldsby R, Gubin A, Hayashi R, Huang MS, Link MP, Livingston JA, Matloub Y. (2018) Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology, Version 2.2018. Clinical Practical Guidelines in Oncology. (NCCN) National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Vol 16. (1) 66-97.
- Folbrecht JR, Charter RA, Walden DK, Dobbs SM. (1999) Psychometric properties of the Boston Qualitative Scoring System for the Rey Osterreith Complex Figure. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 13, 442-449.
- Watson PJ, Morris RJ, Hood RW, Folbrecht J. (1991) Dependency, "irrationality," and community. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 18, 334-347.
- Watson PJ, Folbrecht J, Morris RJ, Hood RW. (1991) Values, "irrationality," and religiosity. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 18, 348-362.